In consideration of Organisers accepting my application to participate in the Program below, I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
- “Organisers” for the purposes of this declaration means the Surf Culture Australia Surf School and includes, where the context so permits, Surfing Australia Inc (“SA”), SA affiliated state surfing associations and their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
- Warning: Participating in the Program can be inherently dangerous. I understand the nature and requirements of the Program and acknowledge that serious accidents can and often do happen which may result in me being seriously injured or even killed. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in participating in the Program.
- Swimming Ability and Physical Fitness: I must not participate in the Program if I do not have basic swimming ability or I have any injury, disability, medical or health condition that may increase the risk of me becoming injured unless I have told Surf Culture Australia about it and they have authorised me to participate. I declare that I am medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Program and I will immediately notify Surf Culture Australia of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept that Surf Culture Australia and SA will continue to rely on this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
- Instructions: I will at all times comply with the instructions and safety procedures of Surf Culture Australia.
- Medical Treatment: If required, Surf Culture Australia will arrange medical or hospital treatment (including ambulance transportation) for me. I authorise such actions being taken and agree to meet all costs associated with such action.
- Release & Indemnity: My participation in the Program is entirely at my own risk and I agree to: Release and forever discharge Surf Culture Australia and SA from all liability and Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my participation in the Program; Indemnify and hold harmless Surf Culture Australia and SA to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person including but not only another participant in the Program arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the Program. In this clause 6 “Claims” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising (including negligence, trespass to the person or for breach of implied terms in the sale of services under section 74 of the Trade Practices Act (1974) Cth and equivalent provisions contained in State sale of goods or fair trading legislation).
- Identity: Photographic and or visual images taken by Surf Culture Australia of my participation in the Program may be used for general promotion of Surf Culture Australia activities.
- Privacy: I understand that the information provided by me in this form is necessary for the operation of the Program. I acknowledge and agree that the information will only be used for the objects of Surf Culture Australia and to provide me with information pertaining to the Program and Surf Culture Australia activities. I understand that I will be able to access my information through Surf Culture Australia upon request. If the information is not provided I might not be permitted to participate in the Program.
Surfing Australia Surf Schools conduct coaching programs and surfing activities in accordance with the recommendations made by Surfing Australia and the Australian Coaching Council for best practices and risk management. Surfing Australia Surf Schools coaching programs provide advice and guidelines that can help reduce the risk of injury to persons that choose to participate in aquatic activities. I and/or my dependant/s wish to participate in a Surfing Australia Surf School or surf coaching activity as indicated on the registration form. I understand that Surfing Australia Surf Schools and their coaching staff will take all possible care, but will not be held liable for any injury that my dependant or I may sustain to our person or property. I acknowledge this activity is conducted in an environment controlled by natural elements and therefore I and/or my dependant/s will abide by all safety instructions implemented.
At our surf school, we run surf lessons in all weather and surf conditions, rain hail or shine, providing it is safe to do so. If the surf is too big, or completely flat, or if the conditions are unsafe due to high winds or lightning, then we will reschedule your lesson. If we change the time and you are unable to come to the new lesson, then we will provide a credit toward another lesson at a later date. If that is unsatisfactory we may issue a refund at our discretion.
If you would like to reschedule a lesson you have booked, we need at least 24 HOURS NOTICE. Failure to give the necessary notice will mean you forfeit the cost of that lesson. Under these circumstances there are no refunds, partial or otherwise.